Thursday, July 17, 2008


One of my favorite adventuring dresses, this is an austrian dirndl pattern from Folkwear. I made it in a thick cotton. It's perfect as a sleeveless dress, but looks nice with a peasant blouse under it in cooler weather.

These pictures are from our honeymoon this May, in the Great Smoky Mountains in North Carolina. The bottom one is crossing the stream further down from the waterfall. It was absolutely gorgeous there, endless forest everywhere. I haven't been to a place I liked more. All we did the whole week was hike--the perfect honeymoon! (no camping though, we stayed at bed & breakfasts)

Is it just me, or does anyone else like hiking in skirts better than pants? It's just so much cooler and I never feel like the skirt is in the way, even when climbing. Although any longer than knee length might be pushing it.

As soon as I upload my wedding pictures I will be posting a few of those. I'm so pleased with how everything came out!

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Hi, I followed the link to your blog from Wikstenmade, and I want to say: Yes! Hiking in skirts is SO much more comfortable than hiking in pants! It's ridiculous how happy I am to discover that I am not alone in this. Yes!

Christy said...

Wow! I'm glad you agree, I thought I was alone in that as well. Do you do much hiking?